I have a 1983 XL600R. The stock electrical system has 3 coils in the stator, 1 for ignition, 1 for AC lighting and the last for all the rest of the lights, directionals, dashboard lighting, etc. I wanted a singular DC system instead of the AC system, so I could run higher current loads on the DC side. I picked up a clone FH020AA regulator from amazon, and it appeared to work. I wired up the coils in series, and hooked up the common to the third phase input on the rectifier. I ran some LTSpice simulations, and that was marginally more efficient. It appeared to work, until I shorted out a directional line. It got really hot, but did not blow the fuse. I then noticed that the tail light was much brighter, until it died. One of the LED light bars was also killed. I measured the voltage, 28VDC. That is rather high. I'm suspecting that I killed the shunt regulator on the cheap regulator. I bought a used OEM one that is rated for less current, but should be more resilient. I'll need to pull the scope out, and see if the phase angles between the coils is too close. If it is, the coils are producing a higher voltage than is needed. I might need to reverse the polarity on one of the coils to get a lower voltage, more even output.