I have this blog running on a scaleway ARM box somewhere in Europe. I had it before on a dedicated ARM box from Scaleway as an app image, basically they do everything, you click 3 buttons and you have whatever app running. Sounds great, but they had a really old version of ghost, and it was hard to upgrade. I figured out how to do the upgrade, and hopefully with the power of google, some other hapless soul can find these instructions. Copy and pasted from my post on the Scaleway Forum
I recently wanted to upgrade my ghost app image to version 2.0, however it was not easy. I was unable to upgrade the ghost on the app image for whatever reason. Here's how I did it.
- Go to you blogUrl/ghost, and in the left column go to labs, then export your JSON file.
- Now this JSON will not upload to ghost 1, and will especially will not upload to ghost 2. You need to edit it, upload it to 1, then export and upload to 2.
- Per this obscure blog post (Only obscure because it took some googling to find), you need to search the JSON file to remove all the id number entries. I opened it in Vim and did a
:%s/"id":\d\+,//gwhich should remove all the offending entries.
- Now you should be able to import this json into a ghost v1 blog. I created a new instance of ubuntu 16.04 Xenial, as Bionic had some major issues when I updated (no boot). Installation instructions
- Now follow the instructions to migrate to ghost v2. I can't post a second link, but you can google
migrate to ghost v2
- You should be all set!
Scaleway, I don't know if just no one uses the ghost app image, but it is comically out of date.